I guess many of you guys have some questions about the Premium, so, I'll try to keep this updated with any info I come across. If you have questions (preferably game-play related, but not required) feel free to post those here. Without further ado, the FAQ:1. What is Premium Content?
Premium Content is a bonus package that you can get for your Kingdom Rush experience. It consists of some small-but-useful game bonuses:
- Extra Lightning Bolt power.
- Extra Initial Gold, varies per stage.
- 1 Extra Reinforcement summoned when using the Call Reinforcements power.
- 15 Extra Stars ready to get used in the Upgrades menu.
- "Cosplay" Reinforcements (from the Call Reinforcements power). Cosmetic option (but a really nice one).
All this bonuses are completely optional. That means that you can turn them off at anytime from the new "Premium Content" menu in the World Map.2. How much does it cost?
5.99 USD3 So, KR has gone "freemium"? Bummer.
No. The Premium Content is not mandatory to be able to play. In all aspects, it makes the game easier, but it is beatable without it. If you really appreciate the challenging aspects of the game, try the Heroic or Iron Challenges. Even with the Premium Content activated, you will be amazed how difficult can it be if you let your guard down.4. What benefits do I get from the Premium Content powers and bonuses? Tell me the specifics.
- Reinforcements. The extra soldier will slow down an extra enemy. But it goes beyond that, as it actually increases the damage output of the Reinforcements by 50%. Now you can hold your own with Spear Throwing Reinforcements against flying enemies, just make sure they are in the right position. Plus they will look cooler now, as you can customize their looks choosing between a Star Wars cosplay set, a Mortal Kombat one or a Street Fighter set.
- Extra Initial Gold. The banking gnomes will get you random amounts of gold right before starting the battle. It seems to depend on stage and mode, in the first stages the range seems to be somewhere between 50-80 gold, and both minimum and maximum increase every stage or so. In the last stage (normal difficulty, campaign mode) data shows a constant 390 gold, but same stage, Iron Challenge, it gets up to 840 extra gold.
- Lightning Bolt. Single-target, random damage spell. 25 seconds cooldown. It can hit aerial units. Great animation. So far, the testing data shows it does about 30-300+ damage, but this is unconfirmed. A Goblin will not survive the impact even if it receives the minimum amount of damage, while you'll have a chance of one-hit killing a Dark Knight.
- 15 extra Stars. Right now, you can get up to 79 (although the game lists 77 as the maximum). Use them to your liking, but I'd suggest you go for the Reinforcements upgrades (now that you get an extra guy from it).5. Is there a way to check the updates made to the game?
Sure, read the changelog. You will find it here.6. Any advice for certain stages, like 9 or 10?
Check the Strategy Guide link from the Encyclopedia menu, in the World Map.7. What do I do if I have more questions about the Premium Content?
Post them here! Let the community help you.